How to Delete Windows.old folder after Windows 8 Upgrade
In this guide we’ll show you how to delete Windows.old folder after upgrading to Windows 8.
If you have upgraded your Windows XP / Vista / 7 to Windows 8, you may noticed that your C: drive is almost full. You may also noticed that you have a large Windows.old folder on your system. If you’re confident that your files and settings are back to where you want them to be, you might want to reclaim disk space by using Disk Cleanup to delete the Windows.old folder.
The easiest way to remove the Windows.old folder is to use the inbuilt disk cleanup tool in Windows 8 following are the instructions.
- Press the Windows key + R shortcut to open the Run box.
- Type cleanmgr and hit Enter to open the Disk Clean utility.
- Select the drive where your Windows 8 is installed.
- Now click the Clean Up System Files button.
- The utility will rescan your C: drive, Select the Previous Windows installation check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
The Windows.8 folder will now be deleted giving you plenty of extra disk space for your programs and documents.