Install iOS 6 Without Updating Baseband on iPhone 4 and 3GS
iPhone Dev Team has released redsn0w 0.9.15 Beta, latest version brings some new features and iOS 6 jailbreak support. Today we’ll discuss how to update to iOS 6 while preserving baseband on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. This guide will help you make tethered jailbreak on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS with new bootrom or tethered jailbreak on iPhone 3GS with new bootrom.
Note : Follow this tutorial at your own risk.
Step 1. Download following files.
- redsn0w 0.9.15 Beta from here.
- Apple iOS 6 for iPhone 3GS
- Apple iOS 6 for iPhone 4
- Apple iOS 6 for iPhone 4 Verizon
Step 2. Connect your iPhone to PC / Mac and launch Redsn0w.
- Windows user must launch redsn0w by right click on the executable, select Properties and open new menu go to Compatibility and check Run this program in compatibility mode for then select Windows XP, click Apply and then OK.
- On OS X Mountain Lion, Gatekeeper system must have disabled. Check here for details.
Step 4. After you select your IPSW, redsn0w will display a message asking if you want to keep baseband intact during the restore process. Pressing Yes will keep the baseband intact, and clicking No will let redsn0w to update your baseband. After you choose the desired option, redsn0w will ask you to enter in pwned DFU Mode.
Step 5. Now you need to enter your phone in DFU MODE. First power off your iPhone without disconnecting from PC / Mac and follow the steps below:
- Press the power button and hold for 3 seconds;
- without releasing the power button press the Home button for 10 seconds;
- after passing the 10 seconds release the Power button and the phone should already be in DFU mode.
Step 6. After entering the terminal in DFU mode, redsn0w will start to install that ipsw you made for the iPhone, and finally tell you that everything went smoothly and the device should be usable.